- This policy explains how we handle your personal information and the personal information of your children if you are a user or visitor of our website, https://europeanschool-parents.nl.
- When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘ESBPA’, it’s because that’s who we are and we manage the site.
The type of personal information we collect
- We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our site and members of our association.
- The most common types of information we collect include things like: user names, names, email addresses, phone number, billing address, and IP addresses for web analytics data. We will also collect personal information from members about their children (name, grade and section) so that we can confirm the children attend our school.
We do not collect payment data (credit card, banking information) when processing your online payments. We use third-party service providers who uphold banking security standards required by EU law.
How we collect personal information
- We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, and anonymous data (IP address) automatically as you navigate through our site.
- We collect your personal information when you provide it to us. For example we collect your information when you complete membership registration, join an after school program, buy items on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, register for an event, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
Personal information we collect about you from others
- Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we may request information from the European School Bergen as it pertains to offering you your membership benefits and in order to communicate updates pertaining to your child’s education.
How we use personal information
- We will use your personal information:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on our site, like where you join the ESB PA or purchase an item on our online store.
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:
- operating the site;
- providing you with services described on the site;
- verifying your identity when you sign in to our site;
- responding to comments and contact forms on our site;
- monitoring activity on the site, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the site;
- managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the site or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
- managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
- improving our services, and
- Where you give us consent:
- providing you with marketing information about online store items, Extra-curricular activities (ECA) classes and services which we feel may interest you.
- For purposes which are required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
When we disclose your personal information
- We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.) which are located in the Netherlands.
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
- a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
- a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
- other recipients where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
Where we transfer and/or store your personal information
- We are based in Bergen, NH, the Netherlands, and your data will be processed and stored in the Netherlands. The recipients we have described in section 10 above are also based in the European Union. We do this on the basis of your consent to this policy. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
How we keep your personal information secure
- We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers, and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location in the Netherlands. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication, and data encryption where appropriate.
How you can access your personal information
- You can access your personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account on our website. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. You can also close the account you have with us at any time. To make an access or correction request, contact us.
Marketing uses of your personal information
- Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving communications or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
- You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Site may not work properly in your case.
Cookies (not the type you eat!) and web analytics
- When you visit our site, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
- the domain name you requested;
- the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- the length of your session;
- the pages which you have accessed;
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
- the website which referred you to our Site; and
- the operating system which your computer uses.
- Our site is intended for parents of the students who attend the European School of Bergen only. If you are under 18 we ask that you do not give us your personal information. You can browse the site but you’ll need the supervision of a parent or guardian to become a registered user. It’s the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of our site.
How long we keep your personal information
When we need to update this policy
- We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
- When we do change the policy, we’ll make sure to notify you about such changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on our site.
How you can contact us
- If you have any questions about our privacy practices or the way in which we have been managing your personal information, please contact us via email at ESBPAinfo@gmail.com.
If you’re a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you:
- For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information.
How you can access your personal information
- You are also entitled to ask us to port your personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you), to erase it, or restrict its processing. You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, such as profiling that we perform for the purposes of direct marketing, and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent as more fully described below.
- These rights are limited in some situations – for example, we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your personal information. In some instances, this means that we may retain some data even if you withdraw your consent.
- Where we require your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal information is optional.
- If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.