Welcome to the last month of this school year. Without further dilly-dallying, here is our update:
- ESB Future Location
- The School Advisory Council (SAC) members have now submitted their considerations to the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (OCW). Thank you once more for taking part in our survey and the Q&A rounds. Once we have further news about the OCW’s own assessment of the different options for our school’s future we will let you know.
- ESB Current Location
- With almost all of the parking having been exterminated on Molenweidtje and with the return of our beloved secondary students on a full time basis, the parking places on Churchilllaan are possibly now the most valuable real estate in Bergen. If there is any way to reduce the number of vehicles that need to park by school each day, every reduction helps.
- The current phase of roadworks on our doorstep should be finished before the start of the new school year: until then please avoid parking in the minibus bays and try to be patient and understanding with each other. As Gemeente Bergen just told me in response to my 14th consecutive complaint about the dangerous misuse of the roads encircling our school during drop-off and collection times, “soms zijn er situaties waar begrijp voor moet zijn”…!
- ANWB Traffic Plaza
- Hopefully you saw an email this week asking for your vote to support the school’s bid for an ANWB Traffic Plaza on our playground. PLEASE VOTE! The competition is open until 10th June:
- https://static.flowapp.nl/anwb/fonds/?show=0&initiative=europese+school&location= Press STEM (VOTE) Fill in your email address when prompted and agree to terms/conditions Click the top option ”Via de genomineerde school”
That’s all for now so please take care of yourselves: we’ll be in touch soon!.
ESB Parents’ Association
If you have any questions that you would like for PA to communicate on your behalf, please send them to us.