The ESB Parents’ Association works in many areas on behalf of all parents. As part of our overall role and responsibilities, we work closely with the school and the gemeente on the school’s traffic and safety. This year we have worked on the following initiatives on your behalf.
- We work with the school and transport providers to improve safety and parking for all mini-buses and taxis.
- We work with the gemeente to add parking barriers, signage and increased monitoring during drop-off and pick-up.
- We requested a pedestrian (zebra) cross walk on Churchillian so that all can cross safely near the round about (installation to be completed in Jan 2020)
- We will again be arranging VVN cycling exams for Primary 5, and offering the literature in English, French, and Dutch to secondary students who have joined the school after Primary 5.
- We provided bike inspections to all primary students to ensure their bikes were winter ready.
We recognise that with increased traffic it is sometimes difficult to find a parking spot. We will continue to work with the school and the Bergen gemeente for solutions to the parking, Kiss N Ride, and overall drop-off and pick-up traffic. In fact, we aim to propose several improvements over the coming year.
However in the meantime, we ask all parents to follow all safety and traffic signage in the school surroundings. We understand that some parents may be unclear regarding the traffic and parking rules so we have summarised some helpful tips below. Please help us in keeping our community safe.